I’d only heard of Aveeno baby products from friends living abroad. Not until I had a baby would I think of finding ways to get them to India for me. But looks like Johnson & Johnson answered my silent prayer and launched the Aveeno baby products range here in India a few weeks ago. I was thrilled when I was sent one of their products to try out and review. In all honesty, I’d rather try out the product on myself for two weeks before introducing it on #BabyHashtag and then making a committed purchase.
I received the 8 oz variant of the Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion. The lotion contains natural colloidal oatmeal and is super mild on a baby’s delicate skin. It is also paraben free, phthalate free, steroid free and is hypoallergenic. The Aveeno Baby products are also pediatrician recommended.
First up, let me talk consistency. While the product description says it is a lotion the consistency of the product is quite thick. It is creamy and smooth and the texture does not feel sticky at all. It took me a couple of ‘ketchup bottle’ style pushes to get it out. The non fragrant lotion is mild on the skin and leaves little to no residue on the skin when applied. We live in a place that is mighty humid and so a lotion that leaves any residue makes us unhappy but with Aveeno there is no complaints at all. Plus one for the formulation. Even though it is thick, it spreads evenly and moisturises the skin deeply.
1. The Packaging is love! The fact that there is pastels incorporated in the packaging is alone a big win from me. I do not know about other babies but #BabyHashtag is picky when it comes to care products and how it looks matters a LOT.
2. Paraben free and Phthalate free. It is hypoallergenic and super soft and so can be safely used for newborn babies as well.
3. If you are a parent and an advocate of baby products that are fragrance free, this one is for you! It really is completely 100% fragrance free.
1. Ok, this might be a dampener but I like a little bit of fragrance in the baby products we use. Nothing too right in my face strong but gentle mild fragrance would be nice. The fact that Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion is completely fragrance free makes it a tad bit less appealing to me.
2. The price point is slightly higher compared to other baby products in the market, if I have to point it out.
Yes! I am definitely buying the rest of the Aveeno Baby care range because this Daily Moisture Lotion has spiked up my interest. I would give it a total of 4.5 stars out of 5. If you are still wondering if you want to buy it or not, stop contemplating and just go for it.
Price and Shopping details
The 8 oz pack of the Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion details at Rs 799/-
You can buy it here:
You can also avail a Rs 100 off on your purchase from firstcry using the coupon code AVEENOBABYMJ